The first blog I looked at was Adventures in Educational Blogging. I found many of the posts to be interesting and informative. One specific post I looked at was called "A Better Model for Tech Professional Development." The second blog I looked at was Emerging Internet Technologies for Education. I liked this blog because it had a lot of ideas for using technology in education. One specific post I looked at was titled "10 Free Educational Game Sites."
Blog Entry #1
This blog entry was about a school providing classes for the teachers, specifically technology classes. It was really encouraging to see that people are thinking about the types of classes that are offered to teachers. I really hope that the school I am at offers technology classes to teachers. I know the basics of most things, but the specific technology varies so much that it would be great to get the specifics of how that school's technology works. After reading this post, I also realized how beneficial the classes can be even if you already know something about the technology. Previously, I may have been one of the teachers who would not attend a class, but I realize that even if you already know something about it there is always more to learn!
Blog Entry #2
This post was about 10 websites with educational games. The blogger went through and looked at them personally to assess their educational value. Because another teacher looked at these sites, I would be more likely to trust that they were actually beneficial than sites just coming up on a web search. These sites are definitely something I would use in my teaching. I think online educational games are a great way for students to learn when used appropriately. Students love playing games online so what better way to reinforce what they are learning? I think websites are also a great tool for kids who need extra help in a certain area and also for kids who excel in a certain area. Providing kids with websites to help in an area can provide what they need that may be different than what the teacher is doing with the whole class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
in responce to your 2nd blog, I watched a conference on educational video games and it talked about what games are educational and what games are not, even if the teachers like it you should check it out. it's called games in education, http://dotsub.com/view/937f0dcc-da25-477a-b00b-d6ac691baf90
ReplyDelete