Features I use:
Word
font
margins
graphs and charts
tables
clip art
inserting pictures
highlighter
lists (numbered and bulleted)
alphabetizing
creating links
Excel
lists
computations
ordering (by alphabet and numbers)
graphs and charts
clip art
Power Point
backgrounds
animations
font
clip art
pictures
creating links
Project #1
To learn how to use PowerPoint, I would have my students pick a topic to research and create a PowerPoint presentation to show what they learned. This project would look a lot like the one the 3rd grade teacher told us about, but I would make a list of features that the students would be required to use to ensure that they were actually learning to use it.
Project #2
To learn how to use Word, I would have students write a few sentences in Word. They would need to double space the sentences and change the color, font, and size of each sentence. This would be for younger kids to introduce the basics of using Word.
Project #3
To teach older kids how to use Word, they would write a short story. I would have specifications that the students would have to follow, such as margins, font size, line spacing, etc.
I was trying to think of a project I could have students do to learn how to use Excel, but I don't feel like I know it well enough to teach how to use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment