Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Reflection #10

For one of my classes, I created a SMART Board presentation about butterfly metamorphosis. I had to present the lesson, which I created for a 2nd grade class, to our class, Instructional Design. The lesson had to be about 30 minutes long. I had so much fun creating the lesson with the SMART Software. I was able to link a time lapse video from YouTube showing a butterfly turn into a caterpillar, and have students move pictures to the correct spots to create an accurate representation of metamorphosis. I used many other features of the SMART Software also. What I realized from creating and presenting this lesson is that the SMART Board is a great way to aid the teaching of a lesson. It holds students' interests and allows everyone to participate in the lesson. I also realized that although it takes a lot of time in advance to create the lesson for the SMART Board it makes running the lesson very smooth. Everything I needed was already on the board so I didn't have to worry about getting anything else together. The whole thing was a great learning experience and I really enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the results from the smart board software software as well. However, I did not like creating the presentations. They were really time consuming to create and it took me a while to figure everything out. Maybe once I get the hang of it I may use this software. I think I will stick with power point for now.

    ReplyDelete