Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reflection #11

For my reading class, I presented a lesson I created about rhyming. I used the SMART Board presentation that I made as part of my technology project. It was so nice to be able to use what I created right away for another class. This just shows that technology is applicable and practical even now. I can't wait until I have my own class where I can use technology. After I presented, I realized again how much the SMART Board can aid a lesson. So much of what was in my lesson plan would not be possible or would be much more difficult without the SMART Board to use. Not only that, it gets the students interested and involved in a unique way. Another benefit of using the SMART Board for a lesson is that the outline of my lesson is right there for me. I don't have to have a sheet of paper to look at because the next slide is what is coming next. Even though it takes more work before the actual lesson to get the SMART lesson ready, it is so worth it because it engages students and lets the lesson flow a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I found that the flow of my lesson just fell on the pages of my SMART Board presentation! It's so great how effective it is in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete