NETS for Teachers:
The NETS-T that I would like to focus on the most this semester is 3.a.: "Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations." I have a working knowledge of technology in general, but I do not have an in depth knowledge of many aspects of technology. This standard is important to me because I want to have enough knowledge and understanding that I can incorporate technology into my lessons in the future to more successfully engage my students. This standard is important for my students because I will be able to more successfully engage them and hopefully make learning more fun. It is also beneficial to them because I will be able to pass on my knowledge by teaching them. I know that the knowledge I have applies to some extent the the new technologies we are learning about. I want to apply what I already know to gain better knowledge and understanding in the areas that I am not so familiar with.
I plan on improving in this area in several different ways. First, I will work on it through my blog. This is the first blog I have done and I have already learned a lot. Right now, I am only taking advantage of the basic features of what a blog can do. Throughout the semester, I want to stretch myself in the use of my blog. Second, I want to increase my capability on the SMART Board. With the little knowledge and understanding that I have, I can already tell that it is a great tool to promote student learning. I know that the more I understand how to use the SMART board, the more I will be able to use it in the future. Finally, I want to incorporate this standard into my technology project. NETS-T 2.a. also fits into this: "Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity." Personally, when my professors use some element of technology in their teaching I am much more interested in what is going on. I know this will be even more true for my students because they have been and will be even more saturated in technology than I was growing up. Because of that, my goal is to incorporate the use of technology as much as I can and I want to develop that as much as I can this semester.
NETS for Students:
The NETS-S that I think is important for the students that I plan to work with is 2.b.: "Communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences using a variety of media and formats." I think this is so important because communication through technology is becoming more and more prevalent in our society. Students often know how to use the technology but not how to use it for a specific purpose such as communication to a specific audience. There are a few ways I want to incorporate this standard into my teaching. First, I want each student to create a blog or contribute to a class blog. In creating the blog for this class, I have realized how valuable a tool that can be for students. I love that the audience is genuine and I think that gives students more motivation. Second, I want to have a class wiki that all students contribute to. Along the same lines as the blog, this gives them a sense of real purpose and audience. Third, I want my class to connect with a class from another part of the country (or even another part of the world) via Skype or a similar program to work on a project together. This is a great way for students to work on communication via technology and also ties into NETS-S 2.c. and 2.d.: "Develop cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with learners of other cultures" and "contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment