Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Reflection #2: Music Methods
For music methods on Monday, we went to our professor's music classroom at Lakeview Elementary. I definitely liked being in the actual classroom instead of our room at Northwest. There was music stuff everywhere and the classroom was decorated with all things music. We talked about rhythm and how to incorporate rhythmic activities into a regular class and how it would be beneficial for subjects besides music. I loved a few of the activities we did and I will definitely use them someday. I can see how they would be helpful for other subjects, especially math. Another thing I noticed was that technology was a significant part of the activities we did. We used the Active Board for several things and it made the activities more fun. I can see how kids would be more motivated to participate because they would get to use the Active Board. I never thought about technology being part of even a music class. It's amazing how technology can be integrated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh how exciting to have your class in a Music classroom. Did you get to "play" with the Active Board? I'm glad that this class will have a couple of opportunities to see the Active Board in a classroom setting since we are focusing on SMART Boards here at NU
ReplyDeleteIts so great to actually see how these technology can aid us while we are teaching. Also, how these technologies can keep students engaged in the lesson even if it is not a subject they enjoy.
ReplyDeleteI loved the fact that Lakeview Elementary is so focused on technology. I, however thought that that class room was above and beyond what the usual class room would have. They had two computers and an active board. Most schools could not afford to do this.
ReplyDelete