I went to the school website, Woodin Elementary, where I hope to teach. The home page is pretty good, even it it does look a little outdated as far as the design goes. The home page has the basic information, such as address and hours, and also a school calendar, newsletter, district news and community happenings such as road construction. I like the homepage because it is not too crowded and has helpful information.
I was pretty disappointed with the rest of the website. Only one or two of the classroom pages had anything on them and the rest of them were "under construction," in other words, they were blank. The pages that did have something on them basically said "Welcome to my class" and that was it. No links or homework or anything. Many of the other pages of the website, such as the message board, were "under construction" as well. The good thing was that all of the health related links were active such as when to stay home, common childhood illnesses, and immunizations.
I think the school and the teachers can do a lot more with the website. It could be a very useful tool for the teachers to communicate with their students and the parents, but instead it is "under construction." Considering how much time people spend online, this is a valuable tool that is not being used to its full potential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment