Tuesday, October 6, 2009
NETS-T Update
The NETS-T that I am focusing on this semester is 3.a. "Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations." At the beginning of this class I realized that I wanted to incorporate technology into my classroom and teach my students how to effectively use technology. However, I didn't have the knowledge to do that before taking this class. By learning how to use HTML, how to use the SMART Board, how to make a website, how to use a Blog, etc I am becoming fluent in technology that is commonly used today. Even more important, I am becoming fluent in technology that I want to incorporate into my teaching and pass onto my student. I definitely need to know how to use technology in different situations in order to transfer the knowledge to my students. After all, it is difficult to teach what one does not know how to do. I already feel much more comfortable, or fluent, using technology than I did at the beginning of the semester. Before this class, I had never seen a SMART Board in action, never used HTML, and had never created a blog or website. Now I have done all of that. And although I am not completely proficient, I have definitely developed a working knowledge and could transfer that knowledge to someone else. That directly fits with my NETS-T for the semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great reflection and thought regarding the progress that you are making on your goal. There is so much to learn, but you are making great progress. Let the learning and excitment continue!
ReplyDelete