Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reflection #3

Today I observed a 1st grade math lesson. The teacher used an Active Board as part of the lesson. It was great to be in an actual classroom and see how the teacher, students, and the Active Board all worked together. The students were making a table to solve simple addition problems. The teacher had a template pre-loaded into the software that she pulled up to use with the class. We have been talking about how we can use interactive white boards in the classroom so it was really nice to see one actually being used in the classroom. I realized even how effective they are in the classroom. It was so much faster than using a regular white board and the students seemed to like it and be captivated simply it is a technological novelty (the school just got them this year). I really hope I have an interactive white board in my future classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment